Vegan Eats | Brighton: The Almond Tree

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Even though I've finally moved out of my Brighton home for good last week (cue the waterfalls), I haven't quite finished - and probably never will - with the city that was my home for 3 years just yet. I'm already planning trips down to the most charming seaside city but meanwhile, I thought I'd share my latest food discovery for those of you that are lucky enough to pay Brighton a visit soon or just enjoy my posts about mouth watering vegan food (anyone?). 


The Almond Tree café had been on my friends' and my to-do list all summer, but as it often happens, we only got around going for brunch there one of the very last few days we were still in Brighton together. Located near the station, the café isn't too far away from the city centre but also shows you a bit of a different area of Brighton, one that I hadn't been to yet. The Almond Tree isn't an entirely vegan café but the amount of vegan dishes/options is bound to make your mouth water with dishes like Roasted Garlic Gnocchi or Quinoa and Tofu Bake. As my friends and I headed there for brunch, we opted for the Vegan Breakfast and the Vegan BLT and we were not disappointed. 

The breakfast came with delicious scrambled tofu, veggies, beans and even toasted polenta and the BLT sandwich was the perfect amount of smokey (tempeh) and cheesy. Their entire menu looked good price wise but I was particularly positively surprised at how cheap all of their sandwiches were (most around or under £5) and even the majority of their main dishes are in the range between £6 and £7. If you're craving something sweet rather than savoury, there are always some freshly baked cakes on offer, alongside fresh juices and smoothies.


109C Dyke Road
BN1 3JE
Brighton

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)