Vegan Eats | Budapest: Napfényes Étterem

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Budapest wasn't only my favourite stop city-wise but also foodwise...

I was pleasantly surprised at all the vegan-friendliness in Budapest. Quite a few of small cafés had vegan options in sandwiches or other small things on offer from what I've experienced and HappyCow came up with a lot of different places for my friend and I to choose from to have lunch or dinner. The first place we tried was Napfenyes Etterem and we liked it so much that we went back a second time during our 3 day stay in the city.
They had a huuge menu offering everything from raw or gluten free dishes to the vegan "classics" as I like to call them, like falafel. You could try veganised Hungarian dishes or simply choose from their incredible choice of pizzas. I went for a creamy pasta dish with smoked tofu and spinach the first time and on our second visit, I opted for Hungarian cabbage rolls, which I enjoyed a lot, even if it had a bit too much "fake meat" on the side for my taste. We took all our omni friends there as well and everyone found something they liked on the menu - we even had amazing ice cream for dessert. The only regrets I have is that I didn't get to try one of their pizzas!

Ferenciek tere 2
1053 Budapest

1 comment

  1. ive always wanted to go to budapest and this post makes me want to go more! food is definitely the way to my heart haha

    Sarah
    xo

    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ps. you have yourself a new reader. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)