Vegan Eats | Rome: Universo Vegano

Tuesday 27 September 2016


If I had to sum up my stay in Rome in one sentence, it would be "lots of walking and lots of eating." Whilst I've already started covering the walking part with my When in Rome post and will be sharing more photos soon, I thought it was about time to address the (obviously) more important part of the trip: food. As before any city trip, I had spent some time scrolling through HappyCow's Rome selection and marked a few good food places on our city map so we could check off as many restaurants as possible during our stay. Universo Vegano had also been recommended by a friend of mine who is from Rome, so that was at the top of our to-eat-at-list.

Universo Vegano's location made it the perfect spot to stop by mid-day during our stroll through the Campo de' Fiori, as it's located in one of the many cute streets around the food hotspot. The mini restaurant offers anything from sandwiches, wraps and burgers to soup, pasta dishes and mouth watering desserts. We opted for the kebab wrap and the tuna wrap and were blown away by the "tuna"! It tasted awfully real - in all the good ways. We also shared a tartufo afterwards which was excellent too. The prices were great and if we would've had more time, we'd definitely have gone back!


Piazza del Paradiso 18
00186 Rome


Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)