2 juice recipes

Sunday 15 February 2015

juice, juicing, healthy, yummy, drink, carrot apple orange, cucumber lemon apple, refreshing, fresh, juicer, recipe, food
I only recently found out about freshly made juices, made out of a mix of fruits and vegetables, but I immediately fell in love with the freshness and taste of juices and the different combinations I got to try whenever I came across a café that sold them. Unfortunately, freshly pressed juices are quite an expensive choice of drink, meaning that I only had one occasionally and that often left a small hole in my wallet. I always thought about how great it would be to own a juicer myself but quickly dismissed that thought due to the fact that juicers tend to cost a few hundreds of pounds, which was quite simply out of my budget. Out of boredom, (let's be honest, I was probably procrastinating Uni work) I recently had a look around on eBay and Amazon to see what kind of prices juicers are sold for and one of the first ones I found was only £30! After reading a few reviews on it, it didn't take long for me to click the 'buy' button and it got delivered to my place two days later (yay for Amazon Prime!) I am now completely and utterly obsessed with making and drinking juices all the time and even though I haven't experimented with different combinations that much yet, I thought that I could share two variations I've been loving on here. If you don't happen to have a juicer, you can also try and blend the ingredients with a hand blender and then put the juice through a strainer. You might have to add some water though. (or just get a £30 juicer like I did, ha)


Orange - Apple - Carrot juice: 
(makes about 500 ml of juice)

  • 1 apple
  • 1 orange
  • 2-3 carrots
this juice also tastes great with ginger if that's something you like!

Cucumber - Apple - Lemon juice:
(makes about 500 ml of juice)
  • 1 apple
  • 1 lemon (or half a lemon if you want it to sweeter)
  • half a cucumber
the first thing I thought when trying this juice was "this tastes like lemonade!!" - it's super refreshing and a bit lighter due to the high water content in cucumber - great for getting hydrated after a late night out ;)


5 comments

  1. I've been on a juice rut lately, so thanks for inspiring me again! Definitely trying out these recipes :)

    -Vivian
    www.stylemeendless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol small hole.. yeah fresh juices are healthy and taste great
    new post : http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/02/klenspop-brown-lens.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which juicer do you have and are you happy with it ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the juicer i have: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Professional-Includes-Warranty/dp/B003Q82Q3C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424099266&sr=8-1&keywords=juicer and so far i'm very happy with it! it's super powerful :)

      Delete
  4. Will never forget your first moment of excitement :D

    http://smultronstaellen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)