A new friend to join me on my travels

Wednesday 24 June 2015


After reading about them on Not Your Standard, I decided that I was in need of an Olympus compact camera. For a while now, I'd been wishing to own a smaller and possibly lighter camera, something in between my DSLR camera and iPhone. Don't get me wrong, I love my DSLR camera and I've carried it around with me for hours on end (I had it with me in New York on most days for example) but while I love it to take outfit pictures and sometimes carry it with me when I'm on holiday in a new city, I often get tired of its size and weight when I always need to carry a bigger bag with me or end up with tired shoulders because I've been carrying it around all day. Especially now that I'm planning to go Interrailing with friends at the end of summer, I decided that it was time to finally take the plunge and get a smaller camera that still takes high quality pictures. Since I didn't want to spend too much money, I had a look around on Amazon and ended up buying an Olympus Pen for 200€. The pictures above are the first ones I took with it so far and I'm more than happy with the results! Now I don't have to decide whether to take my big, heavy camera or clog up my phone's memory space with hundreds of pictures when I leave the house for a longer time but want to have a camera to snap some pictures.

2 comments

  1. it takes lovely pictures! It's true that while DSLRs are great, they can definitely be a pain when you have to carry them around all day. Hope you enjoy using your new camera! x

    http://brambleandlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a god choice for a camera, sometimes it can be annoying carrying a huge camera around x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/ootd-chelsea.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)