New York City, I'm coming!

Sunday 10 May 2015


In only a couple of days, I'll finally be visiting a place I've been dreaming of visiting since I... well since I started watching Gossip Girl when I was fourteen. I am going to New York City!!!
While I can still not completely grasp the reality of it (I also partly blame it on the assignment stress I'm going through at the moment), I always end up with the biggest grin on my face when I do realise how real this is getting and how much closer I'm getting to the day that I'll be on my way to the city that never sleeps.
Of course, New York City has an infinite amount of things to do, visit and look at but I wanted to ask you guys if you have any great, non-touristy tips for me? Anything from cafés and restaurants, rooftop bars and other hidden gems that I should check out are what I'm looking for, so please do leave me a comment with your tips!!

PS: I'm going on the trip with my friend Sarah, aka the main outfit-photographer of my blog, so get ready for outfit shots at awesome locations! Can you tell how excited I am??

4 comments

  1. I suggest to check out http://www.brooklynblonde.com
    She lives in NY and has quite a bunch of insider advices from the big apple that I'm totally going to try out once I'm back in the city :)
    PS: Always make sure to calculate the tax in your head,otherwise you get a bad surprise once you are at the cashier desk.
    http://fashionbarbecue.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out! :)

      Delete
  2. YAAAAAY I love nyc. I was there in 2011 :)

    -Get the city pass. It's like a coupon book of 6-7 museums/sites like the empire state building, top of the rock, statue of liberty etc
    -The Empire Hotel from Gossip Girl is on West 63rd Street :)
    -A favourite place of mine is Pier 17
    -We occasionally went to whole foods at Columbus Circle below the time warner building and ate in the park
    -FAO Schwartz is a pretty cool toy store
    -Check out the hudson river around the upper west side area near riverside drive. When I was there, there were a few outdoor bars/restaurants
    -the Guggenheim museum wasn't particularly impressive
    -If you go to the UN, you can enter as a visitor and buy special UN stamps which can only be used/posted within the building
    (you can send a post card from the UN!). In front of the UN is also a sculpture that was gifted by Luxembourg :)
    -the escalator for trollies in trader joe's on broadway is pretty cool :p

    Not sure if I can think of much else

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww thanks for all the tips!! I already got the city pass, so that's covered :D will definitely need to keep your list on my phone for when i'm there!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)