Vegan Eats | Luxembourg: Octave

Monday 4 May 2015


Like every year, the Octave is currently taking place in Luxembourg city. While there is a historical and religious background to the event you can read about here, I wanted to focus on something else in this post. Ever since I've gone vegan, I like to check vegan food options before I go to events like the Octave "market" or even just to a restaurant, so when I recently planned to pay it a visit with my family, I decided to ask about available vegan food in the group of the Vegan Society here in Luxembourg. Luckily, I got a lot of responses very quickly and had a look around the Octave myself, so I thought I'd write up a small guide of what foods you can eat there as a vegan! I'm a little bit late with this post, as the celebration will only take place until the end of this week (it ends on Sunday 10th of May) but I still thought that it might be interesting for some people who've been thinking about paying the Octave a visit but were uncertain about the food choices for non-omnis.

Falafel: (near the Golden Lady, "Gëlle Fra")
Probably one of the most popular vegan fast foods, which you can also find at this event! All you have to do when ordering is pay attention to the sauces you're adding to your wrap and you're good to go!

Pasta: (near the Golden Lady, "Gëlle Fra")
Pasta is always my personal backup and luckily, the pasta stand which has been on the Schueberfouer (annual funfair in Luxembourg city) for a couple of years now, is also to be found at the Octave. You can always find at least one vegan pasta sauce option like Arrabiata or Napolitana, so all you have to do is leave away the cheese.

French fries:
This is quite an obvious choice, but who doesn't love French fries? To be extra sure, go ahead and ask if the fries are fried in vegetable oil, but nowadays, most places don't use oil containing animal products anymore.

Churros: (on the "Knuedler"/Place Guillaume II)
When you're ready for desert, head over to the pink Holiday's stand where you can get supertasty vegan churros! Make sure to get them with sugar only though, the chocolate sauce isn't vegan.

1 comment

  1. I didn't know Churros were vegan but I love the ones from Holiday and now I can enjoy them even more ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)