FANATICS - My take at combining MLB Hats with classic everyday wear

Wednesday 7 January 2015


Whilst I personally enjoy different types of exercise and sports, I have admittedly absolutely no clue when it comes to different sports teams, be it in basketball, football or even baseball. A couple of days ago, I found out about a challenge by an online shop called Fanatics, asking you to choose a hat from the MLB baseball hats section and styling it up to an outfit I would wear myself. My initial thoughts went something like "Oh, that sounds like a fun idea! But wait, what do I  know about baseball and the different teams?" Luckily, I found out that the challenge would still very much be based on my personal style and how I would combine the hat of my choice.

After I finding this out, I decided to take the plunge and just give it a try! Since I obviously couldn't get much out of the different teams' names, I decided to simply choose a design and colour(s) that caught my eye and style my way around the hat using items from different shops I would usually shop at as well. When it came to choosing the type of hat I would use, I very quickly decided on a cosy winter hat with a cute pompon, as it is not only the perfect hat to wear with the current cold winter temperatures but it would also give a twist to how I would style the rest of the outfit. Even though I at first wanted to go with a grey/black coloured hat, I stumbled upon this cute yellow coloured hat representing the Pittsburgh Pirates and came to the conclusion that I should use a more exciting colour than the typical wintery grey and black. We've already got enough dark colours in our winter wardrobes, so let's spice it up a bit!

When it comes to sports wear in fashion, I especially love a combination of sporty and elegant items to make the whole outfit look more original and interesting. Keeping this in mind, most of the items I picked are rather elegant basics, like a pair of black skinny jeans, a cosy grey knitted turtle neck sweater to keep you warm and a classic camel coat. To add a bit more to the sporty and casual vibe of the hat, I picked a pair of white sneakers and a practical black backpack. As you can see, the colour scheme of the whole outfit is quite simple, making the hat stand out more but also making it easy to pair with a lot of other hats I found in the online shop, like this or this one. I find myself to like this outfit so much that I could easily imagine myself wearing this on a daily basis or even to a game of my favourite baseball team (if I had one that is, haha)

Want to find more MLB Hats in different styles and colours? Just click here!

1 comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)