VEGAN PASTA RECIPE | Pasta with Lentil & Zucchini Curry

Sunday 22 March 2015

A couple of days ago, I posted a picture of my lunch on Instagram and Facebook and asked if any of you would be interested in the recipe for it. I got a few "yes!" answers, so I cooked it again, took a prettier picture (duh) and I can now share this tasty recipe with you! Bear in mind that lentils are super filling, so you might have to experiment with how much pasta you want to make, as I once made too little and once made too much pasta, haha! Enough blabbering now, let's make some food...

Ingredients: (for one serving)

  • pasta
  • 90g red lentils
  • 200-250ml water (depending on how liquid you want the curry/sauce to be)
  • 1 zucchini
  • (hot) curry powder, garlic powder, turmeric, pepper, cumin, soy sauce (or salt)
Instructions:
  1. Prepare pasta. While pasta is cooking, put the lentils into a pot, add about 200ml of water and bring to a boil, then let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
  2. Dice zucchini and add it to the lentils once they start being cooked through/soft (but not completely done yet), cover with a lid and let simmer, stir occasionally.
  3. When the zucchini starts getting soft (depending on how soft/crunchy you want it to be), add spices to taste (I loove adding lots of curry powder!) and mix everything well. When it comes to the soy sauce, you can easily use salt instead (or neither) but I found out that a splash of soy sauce adds a nice flavour to it!
  4. Drain pasta, put on a plate, then add the curry on top and garnish with pepper, enjoy!
I find this meal very easy to make and super comforting, especially if you're craving something flavourful like a curry. You can easily add, or substitute the zucchini with cherry tomatoes as well. Let me know if you try this at home!

1 comment

  1. Oh this looks amazing!! need to try it!!

    http://fashionwalkinbrussels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)