VEGAN EATS | VegFest Brighton

Sunday 29 March 2015


Today was finally the day my housemates and I had been looking forward to for weeks: it was the second day of the VegFest weekend in Brighton! I chose to eat a vegan diet (and pursue a vegan lifestyle as good as possible as well) not only for ethical and environmental reasons, but also for health. That being said, it's safe to say that I rarely eat what is considered vegan junk food and my diet mainly consists of whole foods, meaning lots of fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains and nuts. However, being the little foodie I am, I do love to indulge in a big piece of vegan cake or a pizza with vegan cheese every now and then. Obviously, the VegFest was the ideal occasion for me to let my inner fatty out (as tumblr would call it: an unchaperoned kid at a birthday party) and indulge on all kinds of foods, healthy and not so healthy because, I could for once eat everything on offer! My housemates and I ate ourselves through the food stalls, trying everything from hot dogs, burgers, curries, raw chocolate cakes, fried plantains, crêpes and just about every taster on offer. I also finally got to try a young coconut for the first time and oh my! I'm obsessed with it and brought the coconut home to get all out of the flesh out of it. I had a great time eating my weight in food, buying chocolates for my family and buying cruelty free, vegan shampoo and I really hope that this event will take place again next year! (I mean, if you ask me, this could be happening once a month, ha) 
I found out that this event takes place all over the UK, so if this is something you're interested in, definitely check it out - no matter if you're vegan yourself or not as I can definitely say that everyone I talked to (mostly non-vegans) enjoyed it a lot!

PS: I've shared quite a few impressions of my day on my snapchat and generally have been more active recently, so if you want to have a bit of an insight on my life, add me under noraameliie!


6 comments

  1. Beeest day ever <3 Best roomies ever!
    xx,
    Smultronställen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probally stuff myself with so many delicious food *-*
    Young coconut as you said is sooo delicious! I used to eat it more often when I was a kid cos grandma used to have a coconut tree on her backyard :)
    There are soooo many delicious things we still have to taste haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's sooo lucky, i wish i had better (and cheaper!) access to young coconuts!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh my! Wish we had this kind of stuff in Guildford. It's probably the least vegan friendly city in the entire universe, haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, the food looks really god!!

    http://fashionwalkinbrussels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)