4 documentaries to watch

Sunday 25 October 2015


No, I have not dropped off the face of earth, I've just found myself sick, busy with Uni work and generally procrastinating blogging, simply because I'm lacking inspiration and still learning to float instead of drown in that thing called third year...
Over the past two weeks, I've been watching a lot of documentaries (re-watched two, actually) and I thought that I'd share the ones I've watched and enjoyed with you. With the temperatures dropping, inviting us to stay inside and have tea on the couch whilst watching something in the evenings, I've increasingly been watching all sorts of things, including tv shows (duh) and movies, but documentaries in particular have been a favourite of mine. I love the feeling of learning something while watching a documentary on an interesting topic and I love sharing documentary tips about themes I'm passionate about with other people even more. Funnily enough, I realised that the four documentaries I want to share with you can be divided in two categories only: nutrition/food choice and fashion. So if these themes are of interest to you, make sure to check out the following documentaries...


Iris Apfel
I had already encountered Iris Apfel and her amazing, extravagant style back when I discovered Advanced Style, so watching a documentary about this fashion icon's life was immediately on the top of my must-watch list when my friend told me about it. It's a documentary filled with beautiful clothes and funny flashbacks from Iris' life, making it a very easy to watch and enjoyable documentary. (available on Netflix)

Cowspiracy
I watched Cowspiracy for the second time, as I had told my fellow vegan friend about it for a while and decided to join her to watch it. Cowspiracy is a documentary that touches upon the environmental impact that is made depending on the way we eat and is filled with interesting interviews and great, comprehensible statistics. This is one of my favourite, if not my favourite documentaries out there! (available on Netflix)

Dior and I
Dior and I is a documentary I tried to go watch with my mum all summer long but we never really got around it. To be honest, I didn't know what exactly the documentary was going to be about (apart from the story of the fashion label Dior) but when my friend found it on Netflix, it didn't take us long to sit down and watch it. Dior and I gives you an insight into how the house of Dior works when preparing for their annual collection to be shown, featuring the new head of Dior, showing just how much work goes into one single collection. (available in Netflix)

Forks over knives
Forks over knives is another documentary that I had already watched in the past but wanted to watch again with my friend who then watched it for the first time. The documentary is based on scientific research around the way people eat in different parts of the world and shows the benefits of a plantbased diet. A lot of well known doctors such as Dr. Campbell and Dr. McDougall make an appearance in the documentary, which I personally found very interesting as I always hear a lot about them and their research.

1 comment

  1. I have seen "Dior and I" and loved it. Well, now that RS is going to leave, there is room for a sequel ;)

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)