Quick & tasty vegan pizza!

Thursday 5 December 2013

I feel like this 'recipe' is almost too obvious to post on the blog, but since I really really love this meal and I've already made it for the second time within a couple of days, I thought it would still be nice to share this very basic but very delicious meal!
To make pizza for 2 people, you need: 2 or 3 pita breads (depending on how hungry you are and also I use whole wheat pita bread to make it a bit healthier), 1/4 to 1/2 onion, 1 to 2 garlic cloves, half a can of chopped tomatoes, dried and fresh basil, toppings of your choice (in this case I used mushrooms, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and black olives), salt, pepper and olive oil (which is not in the picture). Oregano would be a great spice to add to the recipe, but that's something I yet have to buy. Depending on your taste, you can also add some chili or dried tomatoes.
This is as easy as it gets: spread the chopped tomatoes on the pita breads, then mix the chopped garlic, onion and olives with olive oil, salt, pepper and spices of your choice in a cup before adding the mix onto the pita. garnish everything with your toppings (apart from the dried tomatoes and fresh basil, they might burn!) and put it in the oven. I tend to preheat the oven at the maximum heat (usually around 250°C) as this comes pretty close to the heat of the traditional italian pizza ovens. 10 to 12 minutes should be enough for your pita bread to start getting crispy on the edges and for the vegetables to be cooked through without getting burned.
All you need to do when you've taken out your pizzas out of the oven is to add the fresh basil and your chopped dried tomatoes! If you're a big cheese lover (even though I am, I skip this step because this is already incredibly tasty the way it is), you can chop or blend cashew nuts to get a 'parmesan' replacement!

Would you like me to post more vegan recipes? I've got meals like zucchini pasta or falafel that I could easily show you how to make if anyone's interested :)

1 comment

  1. this looks so yummy, i think i will give this a try soon and thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)