CHLOÉ S/S 2015 - Ready To Wear

Tuesday 14 October 2014

chloe, s/s 2015, ready to wear, chloé, chloé ready to wear spring summer, fashion, paris, paris fashion week, pfw, runway, spring, summerBeing the kind of person who doesn't pull a lot of inspiration from runway looks and collections other than picking up colours or patterns I like from certain designers, I surprised myself when scrolling through my tumblr feed and stopping to look at some pictures from the Chloé Ready to Wear S/S 2015 collection more closely. I personally tend to find runway looks over the top, even when it comes to ready-to-wear collections, the different pieces often look too much and too arty for me to picture anyone - or particularly myself - wearing them. However, in this case I found myself drawn to the colours and cuts used in the Chloé collection and went on to look for a website that could provide me with more pictures from their newest collection. 
chloe, s/s 2015, ready to wear, chloé, chloé ready to wear spring summer, fashion, paris, paris fashion week, pfw, runway, spring, summerWhat caught my eye first was the use of the colour yellow, mustard yellow in particular. I am a big fan of brightening up outfits and even though this collection is a Spring/Summer one, it still inspired me not to ditch colour in my outfits in the upcoming months. 
chloe, s/s 2015, ready to wear, chloé, chloé ready to wear spring summer, fashion, paris, paris fashion week, pfw, runway, spring, summerTo remind us that this is, indeed a collection for the warmer days, there are several looks containing crochet elements, light cut outs and thin spaghetti straps. Other light colours like mint green and of course white also make an appearance and my favourite pieces are definitely the most simplistic, often uni-colour ones. Weirdly, the first thing that came into my mind when seeing this mustard coloured dress with crochet detail, was how pretty it would look combined with a chunky (cropped) sweater or a heavy coat and oversized navy scarf to make it wearable during the colder months.
chloe, s/s 2015, ready to wear, chloé, chloé ready to wear spring summer, fashion, paris, paris fashion week, pfw, runway, spring, summerOther than the various light colours used in many looks, navy can be spotted a few times as well, catching my attention as I'm currently loving all things navy and I'm liking the way this colour has been incorporated into the collection in different styles, as seen on the three looks above.
chloe, s/s 2015, ready to wear, chloé, chloé ready to wear spring summer, fashion, paris, paris fashion week, pfw, runway, spring, summerWhen it comes to the denim pieces, I'm always torn between hating and loving them, as I'm a big fan of the classic pair of blue jeans but always a tad scared to risk looking too country in a denim dress or even denim on denim look (unless said look consists of skinny jeans and a denim shirt), so about these particular looks from the collection I'm still unsure.
chloe, s/s 2015, ready to wear, chloé, chloé ready to wear spring summer, fashion, paris, paris fashion week, pfw, runway, spring, summerLastly, other than the great colours and details making this collection so appealing to me, the many different styles found here make it even more interesting to me. The runway looks go from summery mini dress to denim overall, flowy maxi dresses and tailored jackets and shirts, which makes the whole collection look incredibly diverse.

All pictures used in this post can be found here, as well as the rest of the collection.
Do you have any favourites? Let me know if you enjoyed my little amateur opinion and if you'd like to see more designer collection/runway fashion related posts.

2 comments

  1. The yellow dresses totally remind me of Game of Thrones haha. Like the dresses that Shae and Daenerys wear!! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, mega schéin Saachen! Ech wéilt ech kéint mer déi och all leeschten :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)