Amsterdam Photo Diary

Monday 24 November 2014


I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 day getaway to Amsterdam and returned with way too many pictures of houses and foods as usual. Most of the city my friend and I explored by walk, (we only used the tram and taxi once when we went out on Saturday night) which is by far my favourite way of discovering a city I haven't been to before. I love the feeling of being tired but happy in the evening after having walked kilometers and kilometers or the reward of finding a cute café to refuel with good coffee and tasty sandwiches, warming up from the autumnal weather outside. While we did a lot of the touristy things, aka a lot of walking by the canals, going to the red light district, etc., we decided not to go to the Anne Frank museum due to the huge queue and the weather being too sunny and nice not to spend time walking around the city. The Anne Frank house is still on my must-visit-list though, so I'll definitely have to pay this beautiful city another visit! I really fell in love with the vibe of the city and my friend and I were often reminded of Berlin but also found a lot of things that reminded us of Scandinavian city, however Amsterdam still remains wonderfully unique. If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen other snapshots from my mini-holiday, but I thought about maybe making a post with Instagram/pictures taken with my phone - haven't fully decided on that yet!

PS: I also discovered my love for juiced beetroot and am now obsessed with it in combination with other fruits and veggies and in absolute need of a juicer for myself... anyone looking a Christmas present for me this year?

3 comments

  1. Amsterdam is perfect! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is indeed! I would've loved to have stayed longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so luck!
    About the beetroot mix you should totally try this with banana and orange :*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)