Current Favourites

Tuesday 18 November 2014

1. Baked apples. I'm not usually the biggest fan of apples, I simply do not enjoy cutting one up and eating it like that. I do, however looove apple sauce and got tempted to try and bake apples when seeing some baked apple pictures on tumblr, so I decided to give it a shot. The result was more than tasty! I basically cut up 2 apples, drizzled them in rice syrup and cinnamon and poured coconut milk (not the can one though) all over them and then baked everything at approximately 180°C for 30-40 minutes. This is the perfect pick me up/comfort food after a long day spent in cold or rainy weather.
2. ZARA Perfume. Whenever it comes to beauty product, I really dislike spending a lot of money, especially regarding perfumes. For that reason, I've been purchasing ZARA perfumes for the last couple of years as they're only a fraction of the price of 'brand' perfumes but smell just as great in my opinion. I got this wonderful perfume for the ridiculous price of £10, what's not to love?
3. Heartstrings by Leighton Meester. It is no secret that I'm a huge Leighton Meester fan ever since I started watching Gossip Girl when I was 14. Finding out that she sings too a couple of years ago made me an even bigger fan of hers, even though I didn't love her music back then. Now she brought out a new album and it's absolutely beautiful. Her voice is stunning, the music is calm and soothing, yet catchy and it feels much more Leighton all around. Listen to her album here.
4. Coconut oil. I typically have quite dry skin and especially in winter I tend to get dry patches, particularly around my nose and under my eyes. I'd been reading about using coconut oil on your skin/dry patches for a while, so I decided to try it myself, given the fact that I already had it on hand anyways. While it makes my skin super smooth in the morning after I've applied some to my face before going to bed, I got terrible break outs at some points. I did some research and found out that for some people it's not the best idea to put it all over the face, so I only applied it in some parts instead of everywhere and my skin cleared up again. Now, I don't know if my break outs were connected to the coconut oil or not, but I either way am a big fan of it, simply because it's perfect to hydrate dry patches now that it's getting colder.
5. Suits. After having been told to watch Suits for 2 years but never actually doing it, I started watching it a few weeks ago and I'm absolutely hooked on it. Not only does the gorgeous Harvey Specter make it more than worth watching, but I'm also really loving the whole character development and I think I'm kind of starting to understand some law stuff?

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)