Warming & comforting lentil potato dish

Saturday 1 November 2014


Happy first of November! On the occasion of the new month starting and also the fact that it's World Vegan Day today, I finally got around taking some pictures of a recipe I'd been meaning to share with you for a while now. When it comes to Autumn or even Winter, one of the most important things for me is to have warm food, especially in the evening. In my opinion, there's nothing cosier than eating a big bowl of soup or curry on a cold Autumn night. As I love cooking and experimenting, I let myself get inspired by the numerous recipe videos I watch and threw together a poatato-lentil-pea-soup/stew/curry/whatever you want to call it! It's really easy to make, doesn't require big cooking skills and can easily be adjusted with extra veggies, etc. I decided to make this a 'read more' post, so if you're interested in finding out how to make one of my currently favourite hot, comforting meals, then go ahead and click the button! Do let me know if you tried making it :)





Ingredients: (serves 3-4 people)

  • 3 medium potatoes
  • 1 onion
  • 200g red lentils
  • 120g frozen peas
  • 1 liter vegetable stock
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • cumin
  • celery salt
  • garlic powder (if you like it garlicky)
  • black pepper
How to:
  • Peel the potatoes, wash them and chop them up, make sure that the pieces are more or less the same size! Chop up the onion and garlic and prepare the vegetable stock according to the directions given.
  • Heat up a large pot and let the onion soften in a little bit of water, then add the garlic and let it soften for another 2-3 minutes.
  • Add the potatoes, lentils and vegetable stock and start adding some spices (the amount of spices you use is really up to you, so just try out how you like it best)
  • Bring everything to a boil, then cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are starting to get soft enough for you to poke through them with a fork.
  • Add the peas and more spices and let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
  • Serve hot in a big bowl, enjoy!
If you like it a little hotter, feel free to add chilli flakes or powder!

1 comment

  1. Maybe make a post on how/why you went vegan and how you deal with 'cravings'? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)