My perfect 4 day Barcelona getaway

Thursday 31 October 2013

A little while ago, I got an email from Holiday Gems asking me if I'd like to participate in a Blogger challenge, the price being a trip to Barcelona for 2, for 3 nights. The challenge is to create the perfect getaway, visiting small hidden places, discovering Barcelona in its less touristy way and so on! Since I have been to Barcelona only a couple of months ago and I loved it, I couldn't say no, so here's my entry!


As there are so many things to do, I decided to just write down anything that came to my mind that I would like to do while in the city. And by the way - this holiday is around the month of November, so that it's weather appropriate! (And yes, I've done some of those things in July already) When it comes to the person that I'd take with me on the trip, I'd take my friend Sarah with me, my faithful photographer for the blog and long-time friend!
Go to the MACBA museum - when I went there in summer, I really liked it, but unfortunately, half the exhibitions were closed due to renovations. This is quite a touristy thing to do but it's still on my must-do list! Going to the museum is also the perfect thing to do on a rainy day!
Visit a fleamarket - fleamarkets are my weakness, especially since we barely ever have anything similar in Luxembourg, so if there's a fleamarket in a city I'm visiting, I will go there!
 Spend an afternoon in the Six Senses Spa on the 42nd floor - again, this is perfect for a rainy day, after you went to the museum or did some shopping! Additionally, you'll get the most breathtaking view of the city!
Cocktail, Nacho & Sandwich Lunch - back in July, my friends and I discovered this overly cute bar where you got fabulous cocktails for 3,50€ and the best snacks, I would definitely go back there, probably even more than once!
Buy fresh fruit, big ice creams or candy on the street and head to the beach to soak up some sun - this is simply a must, no matter if it's 18 or 30 degrees!
Tapas, Tapas, Tapas! - Tapas are fabulous to eat for lunch as you can decide how much exactly you want to eat, adapting to your hunger. (And don't forget that glass of Sangria!)
Watch Flamenco dancing in an untouristy, hidden place - to soak in the traditional Spanish atmosphere and culture without people trying to sell you drinks for 1€ on every corner of the street. PS: Apparently Student IDs get you a cheaper entry - can it get any better?
Visit the Parc de la Ciutadella - to take a break from the busy streets and to admire the beautiful nature and architecture.
Visit the Boqueria food market - to stock up on fresh food, good cheese and the best Spanish ham, yum!
Go to the Chocolate museum - a chocolate museum is something that I've been wanting to visit for years now, so this visit would definitely be on my to-do list!
Drink cocktails in the Juanra Falces Cocktailbar - for those of you who haven't noticed yet: I'm a huge fan of cocktails, so this is a must for a relaxed night!
Last but not least: Eat Paella! - I never was a big fan of the Spanish rice dish, until I tried some real Paella in Barcelona! There's a variation for everyone, be it vegetarian, chicken or seafood Paella.

So these are the things that I would do on a 4 day trip to Barcelona. Of course, there are hundreds of more things that you could do, but I chose the ones that interest me the most! I didn't include any clubs, as the best way to find nice ones is to look for them when you're actually in the city, but I think I'd have enough to do during the day with these ideas!

1 comment

  1. I've been in BCN a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I absolutely loved its atmosphere, wide streets and parks! La Boqueria is THE SHIT, I wouldn't mind getting lost in it... xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)