What I want to wear this Autumn

Saturday 24 August 2013


 Shiny Boots
As many other girls, I don't only have a weak point when it comes to shoes, but particularly when looking at boots. I love how they can completely change a outfit: you can either tough it up with boots with buckles and wide heels, or you can wear a very classic, sleek pair of boots, making your outfit looking more elegant. The thing with shiny boots is that they give those classy, simple boots that little twist that make them stand out while still looking classy and discrete.

 Tartan

The last time I can remember me wearing Tartan was probably when I was 8 and got a tartan skirt. After that, I always saw Tartan as old, grandma-ish, but now that it is slowly popping up here and there (the dress on the left will be sold at Primark!), I'm starting to think about getting myself something with the scottish pattern on it. I don't know if I'd dare to go for an entire dress or even a skirt, so the skirt or top shown above are a cool alternative. Even thoughthe blue/violet Tartan does look pretty too, maybe a bit less rock and more elegant than the red version, I think I'd still go for the original.

 Camel Coats
The first time I saw someone wear a Camel Coat must've been when my mum got herself one that almost reaches her ankles. I thought that she looked so elegant when she was wearing a dress, a bit of a heel and red lips and then threw over her camel coat when going to a dinner with my dad. Later, a friend of mine came to school with the most gorgeous - but more modern version - of a Camel Coat. It was a cropped version of a coat, stopping at the hips. I love how the light colour looks so soft, especially when everyone seems to burry themselves in black and grey in winter. (Yes, including me)

Leather
I've been continiously adding pieces to my wardrobe that are made of fake leather and even though I now posess a leather jacket, pants, a skirt and a top, I find myself not wearing those items too much. I blame the heat. As soon as it starts to cool down, I want to take out my leather pants and combine them with boots and sneakers and of course wear my leather jacket with big chunky scarves! Even though I do like the idea of a leather dress, I'd rather have a tight, straight leather skirt, like on the picture in the left corner. The leather skirt I have is a skater skirt, and the straight version looks a little more elegant than the skater one.

 Turtlenecks
Isn't it funny how, when we were small, (or at least that's what I did) we wiggled out of turtleneck sweaters when our mums put us in them and now they're all over the internet and fashion magazines? I'm still no complete fan of turtle necks, but I do find more and more appeal in them. When it comes to wearing them myself however, I'd probably opt for either a light version, meaning the turtlenecks not going up quite as high (as in the right picture) or loose version, where you don't feel like the turtleneck is too tight and you constantly move it around.

Light Denim
Lastly, I also want to wear light denim in autumn. I particularly love light denim shirts (still on the look out for one for myself) and light denim jeans (check: got a pair in London!). Similar to the Camel Coat, the colours being lighter, it looks great combined with all the dark, cozy colours. Additionally, I find light denim so much fresher than dark one and it also reminds me a little of the times when the mom jeans were worn all the time. (See The Breakfast Club for example)

2 comments

  1. Hey that's an interesting post, I like this idea! (and your reference to The Breakfast Club haha)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i'm glad that you like it! i wasn't sure if this would be something interesting to post or not :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really means the world to me and don't forget to leave your link so I can come and say hi! Feel free to comment in English, German, French or Luxembourgish :)